Monday, February 21, 2011

Here Today, Blog Tomorrow (Intro)



I've decided on a change of pace. It could be that I am inspired, partly, by the book My Boring-Ass Life by Kevin Smith, but I've felt the need to blog more often than usual.

In fact, on March 1st, I plan on blogging every day for the entire month. In these posts you can follow me throughout my day to day life, see what I'm up to, what I'm thinking, basically everything that happens in one writer's life.

So, I guess the big questions would be, why March? Well, I've been thinking about it and there seem to be some key significance with picking that month to blog on a daily basis. We've just had our shortest month, now we encounter a full 31 days. 31 is the number of book proposals I sent out. And, more importantly, it will be the second month since I sent the first fifty pages of WDT to an agent who seems interested. The standard waiting time for a response after the page request is two months. With February almost over, the clock is ticking until the end of March to see if I finally land an agent and a possible traditional publishing deal or be forced to go back to the drawing board and keep on trying.

Until then I have some ideas on how to get my work noticed which I will do in March. I'll also be guest posting on some more blogs soon.

Also, I feel that the lack of content isn't fair to some readers. I think the longest stretch of time I did where I didn't blog was about one month. So this is a way of giving that month back to you, the readers, in full. I hope to answer as many questions as possible, should any arise, and let you know how each day pans out.

So, with that said, hope you'll join me in March for 31 days of a segment called Here Today, Blog Tomorrow.


"Controversial' as we all know, is often a euphemism for 'interesting and intelligent." — Kevin Smith


No comments: