Friday, May 14, 2010

An Inconvenient Penmanship

Dry spells are never fun. They can be really annoying. Progress is flowing with W.A.S.L. short story collection volume 2 and W.W.T.W volume 3 but...it's coming out in drips. About 60 pages are completed from each book. Last writing attempt took me three hours and I was able to crank out 6 pages. I just wish this stuff would get churning like before. But I guess it must be that I have a lot on my mind. I'm at a turning point in my life and don't think I'll have the full amount of time I want to devote to the work until I'm well into my own place.


It's getting to a point where, since my laptop has been sick, I've been carrying a green notebook around with a pen. I hate writing longhand. I always get cramps in my hand. My penmanship has always been horrible, to the point where I'd be staring at the page, wondering what the hell I wrote down in a storm of quiet-fury-concentration. Oh well, back to the old drawing board.



oh...yeah...plus I got another idea for a short story today, with a title that was conceived by my own brother. Hope it pans out, but I won't be writing another short story collection for a while after these two volumes. Short stories used to be so easy for me to jot down, maybe they will be again. Wish me luck.


from,
a very tired writer.

No comments: