Saturday, April 16, 2011

Slade's Destiny



What is your earliest memory of writing? A ‘novel’ I wrote when I was about 10 that was like a cross between Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys – it was called Key Investigators and the Mystery of the Aztec Dagger – for a 10 year old, it wasn’t bad. Smiley

How does it feel being published? Being published is a dream come true, I’ve always wanted to be a writer so now I’m, literally, living the dream.

When did you decide to be a writer? I can’t remember ever NOT wanting to write. It’s the only thing I’ve ever wanted to do.

Do you get writer's block? How do you combat it? Sometimes I get, not writer’s block exactly but stuck in a scene or passage – I usually go back and check what I’ve written before and see if I’ve missed something and that usually shakes me out of it.

Where do you write? Do you write longhand, typewriter or computer? I have a great study, set up perfectly for a writer, I use a computer but I’ve also got tons of reference books both for my fiction work and non-fiction work.

Tell us about your Latest Book. Slade’s Destiny is the final of The Witchcraft Wars series and I truly think it’s the best thing I’ve ever written – fast paced, action paced, quite a few surprises and a few cliff hanger chapter endings.

What advice do you have for aspiring writers? Write and just keep writing, it may take a very long time before you’ve written something worth publishing but if you don’t at least try then you’ll never know if you could.



My Links:
For purchase

No comments: