Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Nearing Completion

Man, it feels great when that familiar muse knocks on my door. In just a few short days I have been able, not only to finish the "clocks" story I was working on, but also my "teacher" story. It veered of in its own direction and took me completely by surprise.


All that is left is to finish my "awake" story and a few others. I'm pretty sure that one day is all I need.


Writing, though a joy, is hard. I always think I'll be able to write a short story that will be ten pages and that'll be it. But it turns out that ten pages will not suffice depending on the story. Either there needs to be more time for structure or I have to make room for three different symbols or ideas within the story. And being the stickler that I am about making a story just right, to entertain you, the reader; I have to add all that stuff to the melting pot. I wish they could all be just two pages. But that's just a pipe dream.


The longest short story I ever wrote: 38 pages


Shortest story I ever wrote: 2 and a half pages


Until we meet again, possibly when I have finally completed the collection, have an audio promo or a video promo. We shall see. Ciao, my fellow writers.


"Even if what you're working on doesn't go anywhere, it will help you with the next thing you're doing. Make yourself available for something to happen. Give it a shot." ~Cormac McCarthy

No comments: