Friday, March 29, 2013

Goodbye, Old Friend





Quite recently, I had to remove something that has been with me on my writing journey since I began.

It was my writing desk.

I had the thing since 1998 when I had a desktop computer and now, in 2013, I have to say goodbye to it.

I admit, I was hesitant, but my nostalgia for the thing has worn off.

Have to make room for our new baby and besides, now that I have gotten rid of it I'm really digging the extra space.

If you are a writer and feel that you can't part with certain objects that you believe contribute to your work, know this: You can write anywhere, with anything, at any time. Nothing limits you.

So long, old friend.

(P.s. The desk was literally on its last leg. While me and a high school friend were moving the thing out, one of the legs came loose, held on by one bolt, just swinging in the breeze. You just never know when things are gonna fall apart on you.)




No comments: