Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Here Today, Blog Tomorrow #16



For this post, I pose a question to any author, successful or starting, who writes a blog: Why do you suddenly stop writing the blog?

I've seen some author blogs where they ignore posting anything for months...sometimes years. Why? Well, there may be a reason as to their work load and if the blog is interfering. Some authors tackle multiple projects and give up blogs. But still, that doesn't seem to make their blog followers dip in the numbers. They're still patiently waiting the next post, if the blog is written well.

The longest I've seen a blog go without a post is three full years. I couldn't do that. A blog, to me, is like a writing workshop. Here you have the tools, the audience and the execution. David Wellington, author of titles 13 bullets, Monster Island and Frostbite, got his book contract by posting up chapters on his blog. People would comment, word of mouth would spread, boom, another writer is born. It just goes to show that if you have a following, even if it is just two people, you have a commitment.

The followers on this blog has just reached 28. Because of that, the pressure is on for new content and a lot more of it. I don't think I could ever go a month without blogging. Just thought you oughta know that.


No comments: