Monday, March 7, 2011

Here Today, Blog Tomorrow #7



As crazy as it sounds, last night, believe it or not, I dreamt I was back in High school, playing bumper desks with some people I didn't know. The desk antics came to a halt when I knocked over some chemicals, spilling them to the floor and breaking some breakers in the process. The teacher was picking up the pieces, yelling at me for the mess I made and the supposed one hundred dollars damage I had caused. When the beareded man looked up at me, I realized that he was famous comedian Rob Riggle.

Then I woke up at 7:00am. I fixed myself a bagel and cup of joe and went to work.

Came back from work around 4:00pm. I dropped off The Town dvd at the library and picked up The Vampire's Assistant. The Town was alright, I guess. In terms of direction it was good. In terms of story, for me, it didn't do anything new or outstanding about heist movies. It actually felt like I was watching that movie Heat with Robert DeNiro.

I arrive home, chill on the couch and watch more Prison Break.

At 7pm I wrote 621 words to my second short story collection. This one story in particular strikes a cord with the old life that I led before I got married. It's bitter sweet. Maybe I'll be able to finish the second part of it later tonight.

At 9pm my missus was coming home so I decided to cook up some Jambalaya. Yep, you heard right. This writer can cook (a total of four dishes). But that's not to say that I don't put my heart into the things I do make, fiction included.

So, with the night dwindling to a close, we both eat some spicy Jambalaya and drink ginger ale. Today was a good day. Tomorrow looks even better. If only I could sell some more books...



No comments: