Things you may not have known about my books:
- Mr. Dead Eyes was without a title for six months.
- Wearing Donnie Torr was inspired by my brother's leather jacket.
- I currently have seventy ideas for novels stashed in my writing desk.
- While writing the short story Your Escape Plan Now I was lying on my stomach on the floor. It was written in one sitting.
- Mr. Dead Eyes was originally published in 2006 but was pulled, by me, off the market. I put it back up exclusively for the Kindle on Jan. 2nd, 2010.
- Both Derek Schillar, from Mr. Dead Eyes, and I have the same birthday. November 2nd - The day of the dead.
- The short story 10 Days in the Extra Life was originally a screenplay.
- One of the short stories in my second collection went from short story, to screenplay then back to short story again.
- The short story The Subtle Teachings of Mr. Rifa was actually inspired by five separate real-life teachers.
- Whenever I get writer's block, I often read The Ultimate Book of Top Ten Lists or The Mummy's Curse:101 of the World's Strangest Mysteries by Daniel Cohen.
- As a boy, I collected all of the Goosebumps and Ghosts of Fear Street books.
- I wrote a case file to further understand the character of Donnie Torr.
- After three more stand-alone novels, I plan to write the second installments to both Mr. Dead Eyes and Wearing Donnie Torr.
- In the current Novella I'm working on (Codename: Jungle), the villain had his first and last name changed four times before I was happy with it.
- The novel I'm having the hardest time with is my third.